A check list of things to do!
- Mountain biking.
- Bird watching. See article by a visitor from the United Kingdom.
- Walking, hiking or jogging.
- Horse trails for advanced riders.
- Walking up Bains Kloof or just driving up the pass at sunset with a glass of chilled local sparkling wine to enjoy the view.
- Taking a 1 hour trip over the scenic pass to visit Ceres the fruit growing centre of our Boland region.
- Visit the historic towns of Riebeeck Kasteel, Riebeeck West, Franschhoek, Paarl, Stellenbosch and Tulbagh. (All within an easy drive of Wellington.)
- Or if you choose, just laze next to the pool with a book and enjoy the Cape ambience.
Wine tasting at some of the Cape's wine estates or cellars
- Wellington - Bovlei Winery and Wamakersvallei.
- Paarl - KWV and Nederburg.
- Malmesbury -Swartland Cellars.
- Tulbagh - Saronsberg, Paddagang Wine Shop & Tasting.
Other day trips
- Go whale spotting at Hermanus.
- Go up Table Mountain via the cable car.
- Visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens or the V&A Waterfront.
There are many more places to visit in and around Wellington so we have compiled several folders full of information for you to look through, at your leisure while you are staying with us. These folders can be found on the table in the entrance hall and in the bookcase in the reading room. There is also a detailed information folder in each of the bedrooms.